· Understand and be familiar with contract Scope of Work, BoQ, measurement of methods and built-up of contract price.
· Set up and formalize quantity survey work flow and procedure for CSA disciplines.
· Prepare project specific quantity verification procedure and template, including quantities verification schedule and plans for submission, review, and approval cycle.
· Perform quantity verification in line with the measurement of method stipulated under the contract documents. Maintain a quantity verification log which document all quantity audit conducted to-date.
· Check and verify claimed quantities in terms of quantity measurement convention and contractual entitlement, ensure that all quantities claimed and calculations area arithmetically correct.
· Work with Contractor’s Quantity Surveyor and participate in clarification meetings on the deviations between claimed quantities against owner’s audit results.
· Provide interim quantities forecast to Cost Control and change management coordinator periodically for effective project cost control and analysis.
· If required, to support estimator to verify final quantities based on final as-built and/ or approved “red-line” mark-up drawings.
· If required, to support estimator to verify quantities for changes, punch list items and/ or carry-over work, if any.
· Keep all quantity audit files adequately archived and stored for an easy and efficient retrieval.
· If required, to support estimator, compile final Bill of Quantities (BoQ) and report for close out analysis.
· If required, to support estimator to review and validate construction contractors’ estimate of change proposals, to ensure accuracy of quantity, jobhours, cost of labor, equipment, and materials.
· Have worked in owner’s project execution environment or major EPC firms for major projects
· Accredited four (4) year degree and minimum of ten (10) years of progressive experience in quantity survey / estimating
· Must be proficient in MS Office and able to manage large volumes of data
· Excellent relationship building skills
· Capable of managing impact of changes and trends
· Ability to work well as an integral part of a large team that includes EPC contractor, engineering disciplines, execution management team, and 3rd party suppliers
· Strong work ethic, able to produce required deliverables with accuracy and on time
· Good analytical and computer skills
· Familiar with China labor market, labor rates and labor productivities
· Proficient in English as working language.